Vitamin E is an antioxidant that hydrates, calms, strengthens and protects our skin.
At Olively we use vitamin E in our skin care products because it is very effective and provides a variety of benefits. It exists in various forms, but is usually found in the form of an oil or cream. The most common form found in cosmetics or topical moisturizers is often referred to as Tocopherol. So if you see "Tocopherol" in the ingredient list, it's vitamin E.
Benefits of vitamin E for the skin:
- Strengthens: Provides reinforcement to the skin barrier, helping it stay healthy and intact, so moisture doesn't escape.
- Hydration: Vitamin E is a humectant that attracts moisture and draws it into the skin making it more supple.
- Moisturizing: Helps seal in moisture, increases moisture retention so skin stays hydrated.
- Healing: Vitamin E can help increase skin moisture, which is beneficial for irritated skin.
- Soothing: Thanks to anti-inflammatory properties, so it can condition skin that feels dry and rough, while calming irritation.
- Photoprotective: Vitamin E helps prevent free radical damage to the skin induced by UV rays.
Our moisturizer hand, face and body cream is rich in vitamin E and phenols that help prevent skin oxidation and help regenerate, repair and hydrate without making the skin greasy thanks to a light texture and incredibly fast absorption.
Linus Pauling Institute Vitamin E and Skin Health.